Thursday, September 8, 2011

Incredible…





......that’s the word that comes to mind when I think of my son. Marcus Alexander Hampton arrived via emergency c-section on August 24th at 1:08 am weighing in at 8lbs. 3oz and 21 inches long. I promise a birth story is to follow. I must be honest, I have tried to compose our birth story on several occasions but ended up needing to step away. The beautiful experience we were looking forward to was filled with panic and fear. 38 hours of labor, failed epidural, lost his heart rate several occasions that resulted in the nurses putting an internal monitor in, my cervix not progressing past 4cm, little mans heart rate dropping, double nuchal cord (umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck twice), lastly the one thing I didn’t want for us a c-section.

I thank God for this beautiful blessing he has given us, I feel so blessed to not only be a mom but his mom. My son is amazing, he is my life!

Love,
Chris and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment