Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day 2012

First off let me start by saying Happy St. Patrick’s day all!

I had big plans for today but the weather had an alternative agenda for us. I was so excited last week when I heard an advertisement on the radio for a parade and festival in Old Sacramento for St. Patrick’s day, complete with bag pipers, food, entertainment and of course a parade. We woke up this morning to some sunshine and clear skies but that was short lived, it is now gloomy, windy, cold and wet! Not a fun combination when mixed with a 6.5 month old! Unfortunately as much as I was looking forward to a family day in Old Sac and little mans first official festival/parade that didn’t happen.
Instead we stayed in and I spent the majority of the day cooking and cleaning.
We had a scrumptious breakfast…

Complete with green eggs of course!

For dinner I made a corned beef brisket, fried cabbage (to die for!), potatoes and carrots! I had green flavored water and Chris enjoyed a frosty green beer!

Marcus was dressed for the occasion:

To keep with our green theme little man chowed down on some green beans and oatmeal for dinner!

And for dessert:

Green shamrock cookies.

I can't wait for next year when Marcus has a little better idea of whats going on, I plan to make St. Patrick's day 2013 a special one!

Love,

Chris and Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment