Wednesday, June 5, 2013

School is out for...SUUUUUMMMMMMEEEERRR!

I always look forward to summer vacation and this year was even more exciting. After taking the first year of Marcus' life off work to be home with him I had a very difficult time transitioning into a working mom. I missed the morning cuddles on the couch while watching Mickey, I missed putting him down and waking him up from every nap, I missed the playdates at the park, book store and mall play area, I missed building memories with my boy...it was him and I from 7am-5:30pm every day. Most of all I missed being there to watch every move he made, experience things for the first time and figure out how things worked.
 
I started counting the days until summer vacation in February, truthfully all my coworkers and I did. We had an ongoing count down on our whiteboard. My anticipation grew with each day. The last day of school was very good to me! Chair massage, Jamba juice. Noah's bagels, Flowers from my very sweet student and a fun filled staff party.
 
Marcus was very excited for summer too, it was his last day of daycare until August.


 
"I will never forget this year because.... That Mrs. Hampton was my aide".

 
Love,
Katie
 
Happy Summer all!

No comments:

Post a Comment