Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIY projects

The last couple of months I have been on a crafting rampage. I needed to find a hobby that I could do while Marcus sleeps, something that helps me to unwind, express my creativeness and something that wouldn't cost a ton of money. I've been working on little mans 1st birthday, some home decor, Kathleen's baby sprinkle and a few birthday gifts here and there. Here are a few of my recent projects:

A wreath for my mom's birthday: I purchased the wreath, hemp materials and cardstock. All the roses were rolled by hand. I think my mom liked it.

My cork board. I LOVE the final product. I purchased the frame from a yard sale, the corks were ordered off ebay and the ribbon was leftover from our wedding. I assembled the corks the way I wanted and broke out my favorite crafting tool, my glue gun! Our kitchen has a "Vino" theme and this was the perfect addition.



Photo canvases! I purchased some blank white canvases, acrylic black paint, mod podge (LOVE that stuff) and had some of our wedding photos printed on matte photo paper. This project was a little lengthy but totally worth it. Photo canvases can cost 60+ dollars, I got enough supplies to make 12 photo canvases for less the what I would have paid to order one. I'm so trilled to finally have wedding photos on the walls.

Just a few of my recent projects, much more to come.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment