Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sugar and spice...

 
and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of! On February 17th I had the pleasure/honor of hosting a baby shower for my good friend Stefanie. Stef is expecting her 2nd sweet baby girl later this month. For those of you who don't know, Stefanie and I went to high school together. We were married 10 days apart and were also pregnant together, in fact our due dates were just a few days apart!
 
 
 
 
and our adorable children Valentines day 2012:
 
 
 
This pregnancy has been a little different for Stefanie. Early into her 2nd trimester Stefanie was diagnosed with cancer! Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 3b. I'm pretty sure the world around me froze when I got the news, I remember just sobbing. I continued to sob off and on for a few days but it was Stefanie's strength that convinced me all was going to be well. Stefanie is such an inspiration, shes kicking cancers ass, caring for her toddler, Olivia, growing this precious baby girl and being a wonderful, loving wife to her husband. Her strength is so amazing!
 
Here are some photos from her shower:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My goal was to have a beautiful celebration for Stefanie, centred on the beautiful blessing she is about to bring into the world. I wanted her focus to be on the baby and not cancer.  
 
Lastly, these are just to beautiful not to share! Stefanie her husband Ryan and Olivia had maternity photos done this past week, I must admit when I look at them I cry..EVERY single time! Happy tears of course. Gorgeous, notice the watermark of who the photographer is...lol Kathleen you are AMAZING!
 
 
 
 
Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment