Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks!

Over the years I personally believe people have loss the true meaning of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sure the food is delicious, the gifts are fun and appreciated but what really matters is the time spent together and the memories being made.

This past year has literally been the most amazing year of my life. October 30th 2010 I married my best friend, we went on a fabulous honeymoon and spent our first thanksgiving as a married couple with our loved ones. Less then two weeks later, On December 2nd 2010 (I remember it like it was yesterday) I found out that we were going to be parents! God had blessed us in the best way possible. My pregnancy was amazing, sure I had my share of morning sickness, fatigue, swelling and cravings but what mattered most is little man and I were healthy, happy and very eager to meet one another. The birth as you all know wasn’t what I had hoped it would be, but again I’m thankful that my baby boy is here and healthy! Marcus is such a blessing, I truly cant express the love I have for my child. Watching the nightly news and hearing about these awful people that hurt their children and even worse take their lives make my blood boil! I would walk through fire for my little guy, I would take my life to save his if I had too. Its truly unreal what I would do for him.

On my list of people/things I am thankful for Marcus is #1! Son, thank you for bringing so much joy into my life, thank you for giving my life more purpose and worth. Mommy loves you baby boy, I hope you have the best “first” thanksgiving!

Chris; my husband, my protector, my lover, my best friend! These past 6 years have been incredible. I’m so extremely happy with our life, as our first dance song says “ I have all I’ve waited for, and I could not ask for more!”. Thank you for making all my dreams come true. I love you more with each and every day that passes and I’m SO thankful to fall asleep and wake up next to your each and every day.

My parents; I know I don’t typically put you two in the same category, not just because of the divorce and your history with each other but because you are two very different people. Lets be honest though, without you two being in the same “category” at one point I wouldn’t be here. I’m so thankful that you two came together and gave me the life that I live. Marcus is very blessed baby to have grandparents like you two that love him very much. I am also very lucky to have parents whom love ME as much as you do. Mom, dad I am very thankful for both of you!

Grandma; I’ve learned SO much from your over the years, your love for this family, your morals/values and your creative mind have had such an impact on my life. I can say that you are one of my best friends, and my idol! I miss you. I know since Marcus came our time together has been affected but I promise that will change!

My cousins, aunts/uncles and in-laws; Thank you for being you! Thank you for all the love and support this last year. Thank you for being a huge part in our lives, this year has been incredible and I couldn’t imagine it without you all. I love you and I’m thankful for each and every one of you!

Our friends; I classify most of you as family as it is. The love and support Chris and I have been shown is more then we could ever ask for. We may not have the “quantity” that others have but all our friends are quality friends! I know that if we ever needed anything you would be here for us and we would be there for you as well. We are thankful for the friends that we have and we love you all.

Kathleen; I wasn’t going to do single out any friends because like I said Chris and I are so extremely thankful for each and every one of them. I am SO thankful for you, and everything you have done for us. I am so thankful that I can always call/text when I have a baby related question. I’m so thankful for our weekly playdates and your beautiful baby girl, Ava. Your friendship is appreciated more then you know. We love you! Thank you for capturing so many wonderful memories for us.

I’m thankful for; my boys, my family, my friends, my health, my happiness..my life! Thank you all for being a part of it!

We want to wish you all a very happy Thanksgiving!!



Love,
Chris, Katie and Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment